The research categories include:
1.Development of prevention and control technologies for atmospheric air pollution
- Evaluating localized air pollution prediction models and exploring the characteristics of air pollutants in Taiwan.
- Exploring the causes and control strategies of photochemical pollution.
- Enhancing the ability to analyze the sources of particulate pollutants to formulate air quality control strategies.
- Establishing localized pollution emission coefficients and promptly updating the pollution emission database.
- Developing real-time air monitoring technology to give early warning of air pollution and take corresponding measures.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of air pollution prevention and control strategies.
2.Development of water pollution prevention and control technologies
- Evaluating the latest technology for water pollution prevention and control to improve the efficiency of water pollution treatment.
- Studying the latest remediation techniques for groundwater pollution.
- Studying the distribution of emerging pollutants, their impact on water quality, and removal technologies.
- Developing in situ monitoring technology for waters.
- Establishing water quality models and pollution prediction research.
- Researching the prevention of water environment algal toxin incidents.
- Developing the latest water recycling and resource recovery technology to raise water reuse rate.
3.Development of prevention and control technologies for soil and groundwater environmental pollution
- Analyzing the background of emerging contaminants and assessing the potential pollution.
- Analyzing groundwater, soil, and sediment survey data to explore possible sources of pollution.
- Researching the latest prevention and control technologies for groundwater, soil, and sediment pollution.
- Verifying the effectiveness of contaminated sites’ remediation.
4.Investigation of environmental fate and control technologies
- Investigating the transport, transformation and fate of pollutants in various environmental media.
- Studying the impact of pollutants on the environment and their control measures.
- Studying the possible impact of emerging synthetic substances on the ecology.
5.Integration analysis of environmental technology development and big data
- Building a database of environmental technology development and big data to explore potential environmental problems and their solutions.
- Integrating cross-disciplinary data and using environmental big data analysis technology to provide the latest information on environmental changes.
- Using big data analysis techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of environmental policy implementation.
- National Environmental Research Academy