To the central content area
:::

Drinking Water Information

line sharePrint Content

Water is the source of life, and 70% of the planet's surface is covered in water. However, over 97% is ocean water, leaving only about 3% as fresh water suitable for daily human needs, industry, and agriculture. This highlights the scarcity, and therefore value, of water resources. 70% of the human body is also composed of water, which is vital to maintaining normal bodily functions. An average person must consume two to three liters of water a day. Therefore, providing an ample supply of high-quality drinking water to the public is absolutely critical.

Preventative management of water supply is critical to ensuring safe drinking water for the public. MOENV continues to review and revise drinking water regulations by monitoring international trends and the domestic situation. Assistance is provided to local governments for drinking water inspection, which detects harmful or potentially harmful substances. Key inspection and control plans for drinking water management are put in place to ensure implementation by local environmental protection agencies. 

MOENV also supervises drinking water quality improvement at water departments, ensuring the safety and quality of our drinking water through various measures and controls. A Drinking Water Global Information Network has also been set up to effectively and safely communicate information and raise awareness about drinking water.

Source: 
Ministry of Environment
Updated: 
2023-08-09
Hit: 
468